Sure, the cat’s torked, the dog needs out (constantly), and groceries need to be bought, but by God, it’s good to be home again.
I’ll try to write up my experiences on VP XII over the next week or two, as I’m sure all my other classmates will as well. I did get one things done – I had several hours to kill in Boston/Logan while waiting for my flight, so I sat down and wrote up the list of the books and films recommended to me by the instructors, in my group breakouts, and my one-on-one sessions. I did miss a few (haven’t listened to the recordings yet), but it’s fairly complete.
For your glory, here it is:
- Adaptation (film)
- The Tough Guide to Fantasyland (by Diana Wynne Jones)
- Allan Clarke’s Diaries
- Works by Damon Runyon
- Red Harvest (by Dashiell Hammett)
- Ubik (by Phillip K. Dick)
- Nine Princes of Amber (by Roger Zelzany)
- Watership Down (by Richard Adams)
- Harry Flashman series (by George MacDonald Fraser)
- Light (by M. John Harrison)
- Works by Jack Vance
- Works by Ursula Le Guin
- Works by Avram Davidson
- Works by Fritz Leiber
- Works by Rudyard Kipling
- Works by Charlie Stross
- Works by Steve Brust
- Works by Richard Morgan
- Writer’s Market
- Locus Magazine subscription
So, um, yeah. I think I’ll need a second mortgage.