Official Definition of Synopsis
- a brief or condensed statement giving a general view of some subject.
- a compendium of heads or short paragraphs giving a view of the whole.
- a brief summary of the plot of a novel, motion picture, play, etc.
Unofficial Writer’s Definition of Synopsis
- the near impossible task of condensing a complex story and plot that has seen countless hours of sweat and tears at the keyboard into just a few hundred or thousand words
- an act that makes “attempting to convince the wife that the new Mustang you just bought is a really good investment and not just a mid-life crisis” seem like a good way to spend the day
I’ve spent the last two and a half days writing the synopsis for Genie Memories. I stand behind the above definition.